_recurBOY_ is a stand-alone digital video synthesizer and sampler. it can trigger clips and run shaders to create and manipulate video.
this project is a spinoff from r_e_c_u_r an existing video-sampler i created and maintain. it distills the best parts, aiming to be simpler and more beginner friendly. originally we intended these to be built together with others in group workshop sessions.
- outputs sd video over composite or hdmi
- 2 source modes to generate video : sampler and shaders
- process any source with additional FX
- control shader/fx parameters directly with 4x knobs or externally with 4x cv inputs
- all inputs also controllable via usb-midi
- process external video through compatible usb capture cards / web-cams
NOTE: this circuit requires a raspberry pi zero attached to operate – these are not included in any variation im currently distributing so will need to be sourced separately – read this for more info
this project – like everything in the underscores catalog – is fully open-source hardware – find all the source plus lots more information and guides on the github repo: